Monday, September 27, 2010

Skyhoundz World Finals on Sunday

Colt and I competed in the Sport Division (distance/accuracy) of the Skyhoundz World finals on Sunday. The weather was overcast with periods on light rain and very little wind. Blaidden, Mya and Denise were there to root Colt on. The first two rounds were held on the secondary field with the final top twelve round being held on the main field.

Blaidden was an eager spectator to root Colt on throughout the day!!
We went 18th in our first round. We had a good round with Colt scoring a 19.5 which put us in second place. Colt had one slight miss in that round or we would have had a stellar round. Pretty good for a one year old pup in the world finals.

In our second round we went next to last due to the reverse order. It was raining lightly. I was a little concerned because Colt never even wants to go out to potty at home when its raining. I guess I should practice some in the rain :-). I went a little conservative on my throws in that round shortening them up a little because of the wet disc. Colt went five for five on his catches and we ended up with an 18 which kept us in second place.

Our final round occurred a couple of hours later on the main field. Again we went next to last. I have to admit I was feeling some pressure. I was determined to just make my throws and let Colt do his thing. I wanted to go long and wasn't going to play it conservative. We started off with two 5.5 catches, then another 5. Then Colt just barely missed a 5.5 for the fourth throw and we ended with a 3.5 for a total of 19.5. We held on to second place and Colt won a very BIG trophy!!

Colt's third round - youtube

Colt did an amazing job in the Skyhoundz World Finals at just 13 months old achieving second place at such a big event!!!!!!

A big thanks to Denise for our her help this weekend!!!!
photo of podium taken by Heather Bednar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, Colt!
39 Points... not bad for a rookie... not bad at all.