Thursday, October 23, 2008

Arriving in Daytona




We left South Carolina this morning and drove down to Daytona Beach for the UFO World Finals this weekend. I don't recommend taking a picture while driving but it can be done. We had a pretty easy drive except for it being extremely windy. We had some delay getting through Jacksonville.



Our hotel is right across from the Daytona Speedway. I hadn't seen the Speedway in person and was struck by the sheer size of the structure. Of course I had to get Mya out and take the obilgatory Mya photo. This time it is Mya in front of the Daytona Speedway main gate.
I went down to the field tonight and it is in an awesome location. Of course it was so rainy and windy, I didn't dare get my camera out. It is so close to the water that someone could shank a disc into it
After that I met up with Danny and Rick for dinner at UNOs. Now, I just have to get up at 5:30 to head to the field to put up our EZ-ups. I had better take my flashlight.

No comments: