Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Practice Day

Another nice bright sunny day, a little more windy which is good based on the current forecast for Daytona. We got a good TnF practice in this morning. The wind conditions were a little tough but Mya soon caught on so after 3 initial misses, we ended with 7 catches in a row. After that we went for an hour walk on the beach.

Walking from the beach area to the car, Mya stepped on something and wouldn't put any weight on her front paw. I checked her paw out and there was this small very spikey weed seed thing up in the area between her pads. I dug it out with my fingers and boy did that hurt. My thumb an index fingers still hurt :-)



We took a break for a while. I tracked down some dry ice to get for her cooler tomorrow. After lunch, we went to a different park that was just beautiful. It was like the frisbee field of dreams. It was a large soccer field carved out of the woods.
Mya is being a good girl waiting in the van while I take a picture. We had a really good freestyle practice.

We ended the day with another long walk on the beach. Although there was a strong wind along the length of the beach. It turned out to be like walking in a sandstorm on the way back. I guess I should have brought Mya's Doggles.

Tomorrow is a rest day for Mya prior to the competition. We will also travel down to Daytona.

No comments: