Friday, October 24, 2008

We've had better days

We started off today with high winds and a lot of rain. Danny, Rick and I set up together. We got soaked setting up as it was raining hard with high winds. My rain sides came in handy as we were able to make a dry room for us and the dogs.

We got to the event site at about 7am and it stopped raining ~10am or so. Mya and I went third in the first freestyle round and I thought we had a pretty good round with maybe two misses. I went with my normal routine instead of my high wind version. After the first round they cut to the top 10 for freestyle and we did not make the cut as we ended up in 12th out of 22 teams.

Our next round was a throw and catch round. It did not go very well. When we went to the starting line, Mya got very spooked by the police car and officer next to the throwing line. With the number of homeless in the area the police department had officers at both ends of the field all day. Once she was that spooked I had trouble getting her into the groove and I think we ended with one catch and of course did not make the top ten cut in throw and catch. So our day was over early.

Congratulations goes out to Danny Eggleston for first place in freestyle and second overall. Also congratulations to Rick Kimball for making the cut in Throw and Catch and I think he ended up in fourth or fifth.

1 comment:

Danny Eggleston said...

Thanks Mark, but I only pulled in a 2nd in freestyle. I believe the lady from Germany that was amazing one the freestyle competition.