Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mya's first beach excursion

Went for an hour walk at the beach this morning. It is bright and sunny and nice temperatures for us northerners. Mya hasn't been to the ocean before and really enjoyed the walk along the beach.
This time of year dogs are allowed on the beach and can even be off leash. Since the beach wasn't crowded and there were no other dogs around, I decided to let Mya off leash and she how she did. I walked out onto a like sandbar area so that she would kind of be stuck in that area once I let her off leash.

So I unhooked her. She looked around a little bit and then off she went like a streak after a line of about 40 sea gulls. She scared the death out of them and she ran into the ocean after them. All the time I'm yelling at her to come back. I thought "man, I don't want to go in after her". Well, she came back after a bit and immediately got put back on her flexi.

Later on, I let her off leash for a while and she behaved much better and really enjoyed herself.


1 comment:

Danny Eggleston said...

That looks very pretty. I bet Mya is in heaven just loving the water.